Endorsements for The Flavor Point Diet:
"David Katz is so smart and passionate - you can trust him to separate fact from fads and fantasy in the important search for more energy and health. Here's an insight that really helps - with the added incentives of flavor and fun."
- Diane Sawyer, ABC News
"Dr. Katz has committed his career to helping Americans control their waistline and improve their health by better nutrition. In this book he shares his enormous experience and insights; readers can learn ways to add good years to their life while feeling better now."
- Walter Willett, MD, chairman of the department of nutrition at the Harvard School of Public Health and author of Eat, Drink, and Be Healthy
"Dr. David Katz is one of the most renowned physicians who are experts in diet, nutrition, and weight loss. He combines the credibility of a research scientist with the charisma and wisdom of an extraordinary educator."
- Dean Ornish, M.D., author of Eat More, Weigh Less and Dr. Dean Ornish's Program for Reversing Heart Disease
"Written by one of the most knowledgeable nutrition experts I know, this book uses the science on the biology and psychology of flavors to offer up one good idea after another for optimal eating."
- Kelly D. Brownell, PhD, chair and professor of psychology, professor of epidemiology and public health, and director, Rudd Center for Food Policy & Obesity at Yale University
"Dr. David Katz is America's "Go-to Guy" when it comes to a sensible, sane, and science-based approach to personal health. That's why you see him on ABC's Good Morning America and why I asked him to help steer the effort to promote health in all 50 states through the National Governors Association. A brilliant and respected researcher, he's also a highly experienced medical practitioner whose clear and earthy communicative style make him fun to read. He's a doc that will keep you in stitches - the right way!"
- Mike Huckabee, Governor of Arkansas, Chairman of the National Governors Association, and author of Quit Digging Your Grave with A Knife and Fork.
"The Flavor Point Diet provides a sensible weight management program that is good for the whole family."
- James O. Hill, Ph.D., Professor of Pediatrics at the University of Colorado and author of The Step Diet
"My friend David is the man I turn to for the latest in good health. The Flavor Point Diet will send your taste buds buzzing and your waistline shrinking!"
- Jorge Cruise, author of the New York Times best-seller, The 3-Hour Diet
"When I'm looking for the very best weight-loss information, I turn to Dr. David Katz. Dr. Katz combines the latest laboratory research with the very best do-at-home tips. He's the foremost authority on what to eat and, unlike some other diet gurus out there, you can see the evidence in his own body. We trust any weight-loss expert who actually has a six-pack!
There's nothing more confusing than walking down the aisle of a grocery store. With Dr. Katz at your side, you'll always make the right choices. The Flavor Point Diet is a terrific achievement, blending science, insight, and the kind of real-world guidance we all need. I recommend it highly."
- David Zinczenko, Editor-in-Chief, Men's Health magazine
"Dr. Katz is an unfailing source of first-rate, scientifically based advice about good nutrition and the steps that need to be taken for achieving a healthy weight. This book contains a road map for all of us - no matter our age."
- Francine Kaufman, M.D., President of the American Diabetes Association
"David Katz has a unique gift. He translates scientific knowledge about nutrition and weight loss into practical advice and day-by-day menus which help us re-program how to shop, eat and live. And he does it using good humor and real-life stories of success. A must read for all but particularly those frustrated by 'breakthrough' and 'fad' diets."
- Michael Parkinson, M.D., M.P.H., President-Elect, American College of Preventive Medicine
"Dr. Katz is a consistent source of excellent advice about good nutrition and lasting weight control."
- George Blackburn, M.D., Ph.D., S. Daniel Abraham Chair in Nutrition Medicine, Harvard Medical School, and Director of the Center for the Study of Nutrition Medicine
"Dr. Katz is a thoughtful, well grounded and widely respected expert in weight management and healthy eating. His presentation of a new weapon to combat our individual and collective rapidly increasing girth deserves very close attention."
- Jonathan Fielding, M.D., M.P.H., M.A., M.B.A., Professor, Health Services and Pediatrics, UCLA School of Public Health, Department of Health Services; Director, Los Angeles County Health Department
"The Flavor Point Diet is a science-based real life (and real simple) program written with the consumer in mind. It makes sense that our sensory overload extends from video and television screens to the table, but when people perceive weight loss as work, it's difficult to achieve. Dr. Katz respects the temptations that surround us, but he shows you how to "get your house in order" and get on the weight loss track.
- Susan Burke, MS, RD, LD/N, CDE, vice president of nutrition services, eDiets.com
"Dr. David Katz, pioneering nutritionist and noted author, has now developed an innovative approach to weight control, The Flavor Point Diet. Employing a scientifically-based, clinically-proven method, this promising diet can succeed where others have failed. Reasoning that superfluous tastes added to prepared foods by industry act to stimulate hunger with consequent weight gain, Dr. Katz optimizes flavor themes in a positive direction. He shows how nutritional balance, appetite regulation, and lasting weight control can be achieved in a comfortable and practical way, a method that can be applied successfully for the entire family. Once again, Dr. David Katz is at the forefront of reliable and sensible nutrition advice."
- John F. Setaro, M.D., Associate Professor of Medicine and Director, Yale Cardiovascular Disease Prevention Center